Monday, November 30, 2009

Hail the Chief

Fellow Denisonians,

As many of you may have already heard, I have been elected to serve as the President of
the Denison Campus Governance Association. After a long and arduous campaign against
three of the most qualified, passionate, and dedicated members of my class, the student
body selected me to lead them through the year 2010.

On the table are a great variety of issues: dining, diversity, communication,
sustainability, residential policy, identity, resources, and more. To tackle these issues
effectively, I will need passionate and dedicated students to participate in the student
Senate as well as in committees that address these issues. I have said before that I
would not have come this far without the students’ support; I must also say that, without
continued support, I will not be able to go as far as I would like to go.

So to first years, sophomores, and juniors: I am asking you to consider running for the
Senate. Not only is participating in the Senate superb leadership experience, but it will
allow you to help make real change on campus. With enough students willing to see
improvements on Denison's campus, I am certain that little that is unattainable.

There will be an information meeting tonight at 8:00pm in the Shepardson Room on the
fourth floor of Slayter Union. There is no commitment to running if you attend, but you
will have the option of asking former representatives or me questions about student
government. Campaigning begins tomorrow, and elections will be on Tuesday, November 17th.
If you have any questions about elections and cannot make tonight’s meeting, please do
not hesitate in contacting Elections Chair Lauren Waters (waters_l@denison.edu) or me
(brisso_h@denison.edu) so we can address them.

See you at Senate,

Your Representative,

Eric "Harry" Brisson
DCGA Senator, Class of 2011
DCGA President-Elect
Slayter Box 8908

No comments: