Monday, November 30, 2009

Class Registration = NIGHTMARE.

So...it's 12:24 in the morning and I just found out that as an econ major, I didn't get
into any of the electives I was planning to take next semester, which are essential to me
graduating on time. The same thing happened to my roommate and two other friends, all of
whom are econ majors too. We're all juniors, so you would think (going on probability)
that at least ONE of us would get into a class. But you know, THIS SCHOOL has decided
that for one of its most popular majors, it is only going to hold 6 electives in the econ
department, equating to about 120 students, out of 2048 students total on campus. Should
I blame the amount of freshmen that were let in this year? Should I blame the amount of
people who want to be econ majors? No, it's not really any of those people's faults. It's
really a concept that a school that is so highly praised for its economics department
should understand: supply and demand. So, why Denison? Why am I here paying far more at
this institution than I would at a state one, and not able to get into any of the classes
I need to get the opportunities YOU promised me? I'd really like to know. And I'm sure
there are plenty of other people who would like to know why they can't get into their
classes either. Your supply is not meeting your demand...so fucking step it up. And try
not to screw me out of the education you promised me would be such a glowing addition to
my resume three years ago on my tour.

Your Soon-to-be-an-OWU-Student,

Alexandra Rose
Dance/Economics Double Major
Junior Dance Fellow
Denison University 2011
rose_a@denison.edu
Slayter Box #8833

BLOG EDITOR NOTE: Obviously she plays Soul Calibre.

No comments: