Monday, November 30, 2009

Democracy In Action

I don't really know what power the co-governor possesses. Nor have I concerned myself in
the past about their responsibilities or potential in changing Denison. But I will give
a resounding "Goddamn" to Mr. Jerome Price. His campaign is top notch. Great posters,
sir. Strategic placement. Way to get your face out there, and in front of Swasey no
less. I applaud. You've got my vote if I remember to vote, or more realistically if I
stumble upon the page where you vote, on that particular day. And for my first request
from student government: Could you please look into the ethics of Dr. Knobel to have his
little two shit dog walked by Sodexho workers while he is out gallivanting and
schmoozing. Not two hours ago, at 1:30 in the PM on Saturday did I witness Dr. Knobel
leave his premises, what I believe to be a free estate provided by the University.
Subsequently, I witnessed a Sodexho worker walking his dog, watching it shit on the
student housing lawn next door. Can you, student government, address this? Isn't this
wrong, somehow, someway? I can't imagine we pay into the Sodexho corporation, ludicrous
sums I might add, to provide dog walking service for our President. Misappropriation of
funds perhaps? Non contracted work, some may say. Others might suggest just poor taste.
Regardless, can we have someone look with a scrutinizing eye towards the practices of
Sodexho and those who hire them. I mean, Sodexho is only providing us with FOOD. That
we HAVE to buy as dictated by our administration. That we'll pay interest on sense we're
all, well nearly all, going to be in debt upon leaving this institution.
So maybe can we get this College's shit together? Just a little bit, can you help us
Jerome? Or Harry? Or whoever else has a charming grin they want to slap on a poster.

peter zimmer
8678

No comments: