Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Please tell me people have read, or at least taken notice of the
"Reporting From Scotland" articles in The Denisonian. If not, READ one IMMEDIATELY! Who
is this Eric McChesney character and why for the love of God does he think he's Ralph
Waldo Emerson. Dude, where did you learn to write? The period was invented for a
reason...use it. A sentence has never and will never constitute an entire paragraph. What
the hell has this kid been doing with his time abroad. Apparently nothing fun. Instead of
getting hammered, meeting people you'd otherwise never meet, and having a fucking awesome
time this kid sounds like he's standing in front of a house in Frankfurt and getting off.
We get it dude Europe is sweet, but stop making a simple hike in the Scottish foothills
seem like an epic struggle through the Himalayas.

I love the juxtaposition of his articles and Jessica Trumball's. Thanks for keeping it
real Jessica. Here's how Jessica's update starts: "A few nights ago I went to a party
that one of my friends was having at her flat. After a few drinks...". Now Eric's on the
other hand....I'm already laughing....I'll skip the opening quote (which should not go
without noting) and just get into how much of a hard-on the simple THOUGHT of Germany
gives him: "A short while ago, I spent the night in Frankfurt, and now feel as though
bright and unknown chambers of my mind have been opened and lie expectantly within me, as
if I have seen some mysterious new land from afar, touched something vast and powerful,
the lineaments of which I can just barely discern." Duuuddddddeeeeeeee relax. Its
Frankfurt NOT the long lost city of Atlantis. The only thing you're putting into those
mind chambers are some whack ass drugs that I want to get my hands on.

I could go off for hours on this kid and his articles but I'll leave you with this..."The
architecture seemed to contain all the beauty of the Fibonnaci sequence (HA!!!!), all the
harmony of the natural schisms that shatter virgin granite (WHAT?!?!?!?), as if the
architect that designed such things had derived the first causes of nature (definitely
not), had analyzed the life-forces of the world and applied those fundamental principles
of his works when constructing the habitations of men (wait you're talking about a
house??)..."

Eric McChesney meet me at Walden Pond....keep it real.


Bobby Driscoll
Class of '09

No comments: