Friday, February 27, 2009

Hello all,

This is Everett Daily. I am writing today because I want to let everyone know that I am currently trying to make improvements on our campus as far as the issue of rape is concerned. I will be meeting with the presidents of all of the sororities on campus, as well as faculty and staff sometime this week. After this, I would like to have a bigger meeting with everybody who has an interest in this issue. The purpose of me having a smaller meeting first, is so that I can get a greater understanding of this issue is relation to Denison, because prior to 2 weeks ago, I did not know that this was such a big issue on our campus. After this meeting, I would like to have a discussion with everyone on our campus who cares about the issue. This will not be a forum like last year, but more so a discussion to come up with a plan for resolving this situation. I would like to come up with a list of demands, new rules, policies, etc. Once again, this second meeting will be open to everyone who wants to attend. I do not know exactly when it will be but it will be soon. If you have any ideas you can email me at daily_e@denison.edu. Thank you.

No comments: