Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hey Stas Nogay, (which, incidentally, I do not find "fucking hilarious" but based on your submission I can't imagine you have much sophistication for comedy anyways, you probably really enjoy Wesley Willis' "Suck a cheetah's dick" dont ya? youtube it. I think its garbage, but who knows Nogay, maybe you'll dig it)

But anyways, back to your initial argument about the J requirement. Honestly, I don't really know where to begin. As I read your article with general confusion and disinterest, unsure about what was more detrimental to my health-- the never ending, unsubstantiated dribble of Denison's own Stas Nogay, damn, it still just isn't funny, what am I missing? Is it irony?...or the dribble on my plate from the dining halls, I couldn't stop thinking about the purpose of a collegiate institution. The argument presented by Sir Nogay is to convince, mold, and essentially brainwash the patrons of University. Stas, you continue by discussing that the J requirement is solely for the purpose of changing all those "haters", to re-work their brains so they think 'right'-- Don't you think the requirement would also enhance the education of those non-haters? Or the lovers by chance? Maybe even those nice, relatively normal, and, astonishingly, "actually pretty cool" gays? I suppose not because they probably already possess the scrubbed brains that the J requirement would implement upon our campus. Blast you progressive non-haters! You dismantle the benefits of the J requirement before we even have the class. The argument about what is right and what is wrong thought, your description of a Catch-22, something about religious folks are oppressive even to the oppressors? I don't really know what you were trying to say. I think somebody was approaching 'full retard' in their theatrics...moving on then. I guess what I'm going to finish with is that the J requirement shouldn't be, and won't be implemented in order to brainwash. Taking a class won't make you understand a whole class, race, gender, etc of people. You don't need to understand something or someone in order to respect them. I don't understand the white man next to me any more or less than I understand the black man next to me but I respect them equally. I don't think you should come to college to absorb and accept all the theologies and practices of an institution. You should be willing to be educated, engage in conversation, not merely about the successes of the weekend but discuss those things your paying to learn, or at least those things your paying to place in your environment. Stas, stop insulting the students here by suggesting that they can so easily be swayed, hypnotized, or convinced by a single class.

The point of the J requirement is to initiate a conversation between students about the issues that the species of human beings deals with constantly. I hope I wasn't to civil, but if I was I'll be blunt...I think the shit you put into publication is fucking dumb. And if it could, my brain would smack me in the face relentlessly for submitting it to such nonsensical bullshit.

Peter Zimmer
8678

No comments: