Thursday, November 20, 2008

11.21.08

I just feel that I absolutely have to have some place to vent my frustration at the world somewhere and I also decided to jump on the ever-moving bandwagon and put it in the bullsheet in the hopes that many of you feel the same way.
Every time I take a technical test and use a fine tipped pencil, the pencil its fine-tippedness. I get up and walk over to the pencil sharpeners and try my hand at sharpening it. Once an easy task, this action has today become such an ordeal with pencils being broken in the machine that I often find myself completely unmotivated to finish my exam. How many times must I get up to sharpen my pencils (yes I’ve taken to carrying at least 8 around) every day? No wonder our economy is getting shot to hell! With the loss of the ability to manufacture American pencil sharpeners properly and having to resort to import them from Europe and China, countries that have traditionally preference ink over graphite, America has to spend trillions of fax dollars importing pencil sharpeners that are a mixture of crap and oil. (The oil lubricates the crap, which is inserted into your pencil after extracting the graphite when the crank is turned.) I just do not feel I am getting my tuition’s worth when I can’t finish my exam because the sharpener breaks all my pencils. I, like all my fellow collegiates, handpick my pencils to last a long time and charting their structural integrity with a complicated test procedure: sitting on them, dropping them from the bio lab, putting them through Curtis dining hall and using them to shotgun; so I KNOW my pencils space-worthy.
Instead of border control we should have sharpener inspection. That is where the true terrorist threat is coming from. Terrorists have enlarged fear-tactics to include ruining future generations of Americans by sabotaging our education on the smallest level. This is a national situation! I have extensively researched and consulted the FTATA (free teachers against terrorist activities) and have found an economically priced, structurally sound pencil sharpener that is an effective counter terrorist strategy. Follow this link on your computer to view.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.shoplet.com/office/plimages/Model-l-table-or-wall-mount-pencil-sharpener-chrome-receptacle-black-base_123932.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/EPI1041.html&usg=__HOa75LNlwzBF1co04IhopHx6uOI=&h=240&w=240&sz=10&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=rlrkO3vpGKIoKM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dx-acto%2Bsharpener%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26sa%3DG

The website is very secure. But be sure to clear your browsers after viewing so that
the terrorists don’t destroy our only hope against educational terrorism!

-Adam Shaw.

No comments: